Mike Young – An Integrated Approach to Speed & Power Development
May 30th & 31st @ Hartpury College, Gloucestershire, UK.
We are very fortunately to have Mike joining us to deliver an exclusive workshop in the UK which will be a combination of lecture and hands-on workshop over 2 days. Mike will be sharing his thoughts on how to integrate all of the sports sciences (motor learning, physiology, biomechanics, muscle mechanics, training theory) to develop speed and power. The workshop will be appropriate for athletes and coaches in both individual and team sports.
Be part of a unique & exclusive event that sees world renowned fitness coach Mike Young deliver his first UK workshop over two days with Proformance Strength & Conditioning at Hartpury College.
Mike will be walking you through his integrated approach to developing speed and power with his athletes.
Workshop 1: An Integrated Science Based Approach to Speed Development
- Fundamental concepts of speed (90 min lecture)
- Motor learning based drills, cues and strategies for a powerful acceleration
- Motor learning based drills, cues and strategies for maximizing top end speed
- Fundamental concepts for enhancing deceleration, change of direction and agility (60 min lecture)
- Drills & skills for deceleration and stopping efficiently
- Learning to change direction at speed
- Considerations for developing sport appropriate speed, reaction and change of direction training
- Fundamental considerations for strength & conditioning for athletes (60 minute lecture)
- Squat, press, pull teaching progressions
- Olympic lifting teaching progressions
- Understanding the role of strength and power development for speed (45 minute lecture)
- Special and specific strength methods to enhance accelerative power
- Plyometric methods to enhance low end power for acceleration
- Specific exercises and methods to enhance eccentric power for top speed
- Plyometric methods to enhance leg stiffness for top speed
- Modifying olympic lift movements for speed development
- Specific plyometric exercises to enhance accelerative and lateral power
- Using complexes to enhance neuromuscular stimulus
- Designing the session (could be lecture or workshop style)
This really is an unmissable event for any S&C coaches working in Europe.
A rare opportunity to learn from a world leader when it comes to power and speed development.
If that’s not enough… check out the VIP package which includes access to the VIP dinner on the evening of Saturday 30th May with Mike Young and the other VIP coaches which will offer your an incredible learning and networking opportunity (venue TBC).